Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
The Cost Accountant performs the accounting and financial service functions for programs funded by grants or externally sponsored funding. These functions include: preparing financial projections and budgets, reviewing/monitoring of individual grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal sponsor requirements, billing and collections, journal entries, and financial grant reporting including preparation of reports for granting authorities. Assist in the preparation of the Facilities & Administrative (F&A) cost proposal and the Fringe Benefit Rate cost proposal. Position may also be required to verify budget proposals for grant applications and subcontractors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• Three (3) years related work experience in a relevant accounting position
• Experience in a not-for-profit higher education environment
• Experience using SCT Banner Finance
• Experience with preparation of Indirect or Fringe Rate proposals
• Experience with preparation of recharge/service center rate development.
• Understanding of Federal Award principles (Uniform Guidance)
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access)
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
• Requires good interpersonal skills and interaction with administrators throughout the campus
• Ability to interpret and analyze financial data.
• Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new systems.
• Ability to prepare financial reports, spreadsheets, reconciliation schedules and documentation of system-related business processes.
• Requires the ability to work independently and analyze a diverse range of issues or problems including research of relevant data and materials, the development of new sources of information, and the modification of existing tools
• Requires the ability to develop resolutions by devising methods or modifying standard procedures to meet Institute polices or reporting requirements.
• Requires the use of diplomatic skills to influence others in order to resolve problems, manage projects and achieve appropriate solutions
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as ability to independently determine priorities.
To apply please visit: http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/4766
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse intellectual, geographical, gender and ethnic perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer