Getting ready for the 2017 Annual Meeting!
We are planning for an exciting 2017 Annual Meeting, December 10 – 14 in Arlington, Virginia. We are available to help you organize symposia or to help you group your presentation with others. If you are interested, please send a short description of you symposia or abstract no later than May 15, 2017 to Elisabeth Gilmore at email@example.com or Amber Jessup at Amber.Jessup@hhs.gov.
Society for Risk Analysis Submission Deadlines:
All posters, poster-platform, oral and symposia abstracts must be submitted via the SRA website by May 31, 2017: http://birenheide.com/sra/2017AM/form.php. More details on the upcoming meeting below.
Topic areas of specific interest to EBASG for 2017 include:
- New ideas for the economic analysis of policies, regulations, or programs
- Economic and benefits analysis in development contexts and developing countries
- Coupling economic and benefit analysis with impact and risk assessment methods
- Enhancing the use and usefulness of economic analysis in risk management decisions
- Valuing nonmarket benefits such as health, environmental effects and other outcomes (e.g. damages from air quality and climate change).
- Innovative methods for assessing benefits, costs, distributional impacts and equity, non-quantified effects, and uncertainty
- Applications of behavioral economics to policy and risk analysis
- Communicating the results of benefit-cost analyses, cost-effectiveness analyses or other analyses applied to particular policy areas
Organize a workshop
To suggest a topic, work with us to plan a workshop, or develop an EBASG workshop independently, please contact Amber Jessup at Amber.Jessup@hhs.gov. Workshops can be primarily educational or for developing a product such as an expert advisory report on an issue of concern to participants. Detailed policies are available on the conferences and workshops page: http://www.sra.org/conferences-and-workshops. Related information is also available in the Annual Meeting section of the website.
Apply for an EBASG Student Merit Award
If you are a graduate student, we encourage you to submit an abstract for the 2017 EBASG Student Merit Award by May 31, 2017. This award provides $500 and waives the meeting registration fee for the best student abstract in this area. You must attend the meeting and present your research to receive the award. See http://www.sra.org/ebasg/student-merit-award for more information and past award winners.
To be considered for the EBASG Student Merit Award, be sure to check “yes” next to Student Merit Award at the bottom of the form and enter EBASG in the box under “Specialty Group for Student Paper Competition”. This award is independent of the need-based travel awards for students and international applicants. You may apply for both programs.
Please help us announce this opportunity to eligible applicants.
Pay dues and visit the EBASG website
As always, please don't forget to pay your dues! They are only $10 annually and help support our events at the annual meeting as well as other activities. Information is available at: http://www.sra.org/ebasg/membership
We look forward to seeing you at the Annual Meeting!
The EBASG Executive.