McLean, VA, USA
Risk & Controls Manager
As a manager in Single Family Operation’s Risk Management Department, you are a champion of the risk framework and policy – driving awareness, adoption and execution across the division.
The Risk & Control Manager is also a thought leader who develops and implements risk solutions to ensure material risks are proactively identified, properly documented and appropriately responded to.
As a subject matter expert in governance and control, you will partner with Company officers and other senior members of their leadership teams to drive change in order to effectively manage risks in an open, collaborative environment.
You will routinely facilitate adaptive change to meet the demands of a critical and complex division of the enterprise often managing multiple initiatives and time sensitive processes simultaneously.
The ideal candidate is a highly accomplished and motivated Risk Management professional with excellent organizational, leadership, communication skills.
This role has a high level of exposure across the division with opportunity for significant impact and growth.
• Implement policies, programs, practices and supporting technology that assess, monitor and report the operational risk profile of the Single Family Operations Division.
• Provide leadership and subject matter expertise/training to the business in support of compliance with Operational Risk Management framework components.
• Analyze data captured for Business Risk Profile reporting, and ensuring thorough execution, documentation, and loop back for action as required by the Operational Risk Management Framework components.
• Maintain diligent follow up on Issues Management activities with appropriate stakeholders to communicate all findings and conclude all action plans as directed, including all applicable summary and trend reporting for transparency.
• Ensure all owned processes, methodologies, and procedures are kept current, consistent with documentation requirements, reviewed periodically for compliance and assessed against the business need and reputation risk.
• Coordinate, facilitate and oversee risk assessments to flesh out key risks (operational, compliance, technology, 3rd party, etc.…)
• Formulate independent point of view and effectively challenge the business on a diverse scope of issues
• Swift escalation of new risks and issues when exposure exceeds the businesses appetite
• Provide guidance and support to the business in the development and documentation of risk, issue, and control descriptions and remediation plans.
• Embed the risk function in the change process to ensure material risks are fleshed out and addressed proactively
• Partner with Vendor Risk management to ensure material 3rd party risk is regularly assessed, managed and accounted for in the risk system.
• Oversee the development of Risk Acceptance proposals to ensure they’ve been properly vetted and challenged prior to presentation to executives for decision.
• Facilitate Root Cause Analyses and impact assessments for qualifying operational loss events. Ensure timely entry of event documentation in event recording system.
• Support of other risk and operations related activities as warranted
• 8-10 years of experience in operational risk, compliance, audit including 2+ years at a manager level
• 2+ years of people management experience required
• 3+ years of operations management experience preferred
• 3+ years of risk advisory experience at a big 4 firm or the like is preferred
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Proven ability to partner and work collaboratively with all groups and levels including Directors and Vice Presidents, cultivating and developing productive and trusted relationships.
• Proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within required timeframes
• Possess critical thinking skills capable of analyzing complex situations and distilling its critical components
• Refined verbal and written communication skills capable of succinctly presenting complex subject matter
• Prior experience in mortgage industry is desirable
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Apply Online: http://freddiemac.contacthr.com/56739909