2014 Webinar Series - Scientific Studies on Impacts of Natural Gas Extraction From Marcellus Shale on Water Resources
- January 20, 2014 - Jeanne Briskin (U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development) An Overview of EPA's Study of the Potential Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing on Drinking Water Resources - View Slides
- February 27, 2014 - Robert Jackson (Duke University), Geochemistry Studies of Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing on Water Resources in Pennsylvania - View Slides
- March 13, 2014 - Trevor Penning (University of Pennsylvania), Public Health Impacts of Hydrofracturing and Research Recommendations - View Slides
- April 17, 2014 - Reynold Panettieri (University of Pennsylvania), Health Consequences of Hydrofracturing: The Known and Unknown - View Slides
- May 1, 2014 - Sheila Olmstead (University of Texas, Austin), Shale Gas Development Impacts on Surface Water Quality in Pennsylvania - View Slides
- June 26, 2014 - Pouné Saberi (University of Pennsylvania), Health Perspectives Study in the Marcellus Shale - View Slides
- Final Report
2013 Business Meeting Minutes
2012 SRAonCampus Events in Upstate NY
- Final Report - In 2011, SRA Council approved an ambitious proposal to fund a new initiative grant, SRAonCampus, for testing an outreach model for faculty and students at universities selected by partnering SRA Regional Organizations (ROs). A final report can be read here.
- Syracuse University, College of Engineering and Life Sciences - SRA Fellow Bernie Goldstein was interviewed by NPR news director Ms. Naomi Starobin at Syracuse University on "Risk Analysis and Fracking: A Conversation on Analytic-Deliberative Process." The slide set from their conversation is available from the webmaster and sections of the video recording (mp4) can be viewed here.
- Syracuse University Law School - View slides on SRAonCampus for academics in law and policy. Also view slides and podcast of John Mueller’s seminar on Terror, Security, and Money: Balancing the Risks, Benefits, and Costs of Homeland Security jointly sponsored with SU Institute for National Security and Counterterrorism.
2012 SRAonCampus Events in Partnering Regional Organizations
- Boston University - Energy economics, regulation and policy expert, Susan Tierney, spoke on "Shale Gas: Analyzing Risks and Opportunities." The slide set is available at http://www.sra-ne.org/seminar.htm.
- University of Auckland - SRA Councilor Scott Ferson spoke on "Social Values Intersecting Risk Analysis" with New Zealand colleagues Jean Fleming, Tim Hale, Angelene Holton, Seumas McCroskery, and Steven Corin.
- University of Nevada Reno - SRA Fellow Paul Slovic spoke on "The More Who Die, the Less We Care: Confronting Psychic Numbing in Risk Analysis." The slide set from the presentation is available from the webmaster.
- University of Sydney - SRA Councilor Scott Ferson spoke on "Biology and Evolution of Risk and Uncertainty Perception" with Australian colleagues Steve York and Peter Fraser.
- Upstate Medical University, Syracuse - Symposium on "Next Generation Risk Assessment” with invited presentations by SRA Fellow Gail Charnley, Kim Osborn, and Peter McClure. A copy of their slide sets from their presentations are available by contacting the webmaster.
- Syracuse University - Dean Laura Steinberg presented on "Empirical Estimation of the Conditional Probability of Natech Events Within the U.S." (abstract for paper in Risk Analysis).
- O’Brien and Gere, East Syracuse - JiYoung Park presented on “Economic Spillovers from the Gulf Oil Spill.”
2009 Symposium on Disaster Preparedness
- SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse - Symposium with invited presentations by Greg Parnell, Keli Perrin, and JiYoungPark (flyer for symposium can be viewed here).
2007 Symposium on Climate Change and Risk
- Syracuse Research Corporation - Symposium with invited presentations by SRA Fellow Bernie Goldstein, Anwar Huq, Arthur DeGaetano, and Russell Martin (flyer for symposium can be viewed here).
2006 Symposium on Current Challenges in Risk Assessment, Communication, and Management
- Wadsworth Center, NY State Department of Health - Symposium with invited presentations by SRA Fellow Charles Haas, Peg Coleman, Glen Johnson, Benjamin Lucio, and Swiat Kaczmar (flyer for symposium can be viewed here).
2005 Symposia on Risk Analysis in Upstate NY
- Syracuse Technology Gardens - Symposium with invited presentations by John Hasset, Neil Ringler, Tony David, Phillip Goodrum, James Gillett, John Vasselli, Tim Negley, Bill Banks, and Joan Deppa (flyer for symposium can be viewed here).
- Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine - Symposium with invited presentations by Rachel Davidson, Matthew Hidek, and Pat Meinhardt (flyer for symposium can be viewed here).