Ecology and Environment, Inc.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Ecological Risk Assessor. This is a national position that can work from any E&E location within the domestic U.S. This position will be responsible for assessing potential ecological risks in aquatic and terrestrial environments across the United States and developing remedial goals and approaches for protection of ecological resources. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of ecological risk assessment (ERA) guidance, methods, and practice for assessing ecological risks from chemical and radiological contaminants and other stressors, such as invasive species.
• Evaluate potential ecological risks from metals, PCBs, pesticides, volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds, petroleum, and other contaminants and contribute to development of remedial goals (e.g., soil and sediment cleanup levels) for protection of ecological resources
• Review historical reports and data, participate in site visits, prepare conceptual site models, identify data gaps, and prepare technical memoranda regarding these activities
• Provide recommendations regarding use of toxicity tests for sediment, surface water, and other media and integrate test results in ecological risk assessments
• Lead ecological risk assessments at CERCLA sites, mining sites, and other hazardous waste sites using established methods and guidance, including EPA’s Ecological Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund and other applicable guidance
• Develop project-specific approaches for assessing ecological risks
• Use appropriate ecological risk assessment software programs, models, and tools from EPA and other sources, such as ProUCL
• Prepare reports for clients and regulatory agencies detailing all aspects of the ERA process, including interpretation, application, and communication of ERA results, and coordinate with clients, colleagues, and others as necessary
• Critically review risk assessment deliverables prepared by others when called upon to provide oversight support
• Represent clients in meetings and negotiations with regulatory agencies, responsible parties, NGOs, and other relevant parties
• Develop scopes and budgets for ecological risk assessments for government and private-sector clients and otherwise support proposal development
• Support business development in the ERA field by generating leads, assessing new markets, and developing new business opportunities
• Present significant project work at professional conferences
• Provide litigation support when necessary
• Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Toxicology, Biochemistry, Engineering, or related discipline
• 10+ years of experience performing chemical and radiological ERAs and preparing ERA reports
• Expertise applying EPA and ERA guidance
• Proficiency evaluating, organizing, and interpreting chemical and radiological analytical data
• Excellent math and statistics skills and proficiency with database and spreadsheet software
• Proficiency with ERA software programs, models, and tools, such as ProUCL
• Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively interact with clients and other organizations
• Results orientated with strong organizational skills and the ability to achieve key project delivery milestones and business development objectives
• Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.